Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing 15: Digg

I was starting to have hope after Thing 14. But Thing 15, aka Digg, is a let-down. I don't like the fact that there is no control over what people post. Posts are sorted into general categories, which means I have to look through a lot of posts to get a little information. It takes too much time to open a story and check the source. In a way Digg reminds me of Facebook. I bet there are a lot of people whose whole purpose is to see if their stories make the Top Ten Diggs, just like the people who join Facebook and compete for the most "friends". I suppose if I would love Digg if I had no life and didn't mind spending hours looking through all of the posts. I do not see how this would benefit the Library. On the up side, it's probably very good for insomniacs.

No comments:

Post a Comment