Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thing 16: LibraryThing

I really like this one. However, I don't have enought time to keep up with all of the wonderful recommendations, blogs, etc. Still, it's nice to cruise through when I have a chance. It's good to get feedback on the popular books. I enjoy reading about the trials and tribulations that other librarians go through at their places of employment. Misery loves company, right? However, I am not sure what I think about "Scream at the Librarian". I ran across a reference to that on Librarian.net. I'm toying with the idea of giving it to my godson for Christmas in case he ever thinks of entering this field. I did look at Librarians Who LibraryThing, I See Dead People's Books, and Thingology. I did not find sections on ThingLang, ISBN Check, or MARCThing. I did find a Thingology blog about MARCThing, but that's the closest I got to it. I'm not a cataloguer, so I'm not particularly interested in that anyway. I did try adding a book using the ISBN. I thought that might bring up ISBN Check. I don't know if it did or not. I deleted the book and intend to try again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment