Friday, August 7, 2009

Thing 17: Libworm

I was not impressed with Libworm. One of my searches did not provide satisfactory results at all. I was looking for information/discussions about the minimum age for children to get library cards. I phrased it several different ways, tried different options, but I still came up with stuff that was not what I wanted. There was one result from someone who was interested in this same question. Unfortunately, I had to join a group to read it all. I didn't do that because I wasn't convinced there would be more than the one blog. Also, some information I looked for (different questions) was dated. Maybe it's the full moon, maybe it's sun spots, or maybe it's the operator. I did look at some interesting items that were not really related to my searches. I think if I had a lot of time, it might be interesting to browse Libworm. Overall, it was more trouble than productive. I admit I was peeved because I couldn't access it from either of the computers I work at. I used a public computer for this assignment and that definitely took me out of my comfort zone. I'm not used to having kids playing Runescape right next to me. This could have influenced my opinion. Maybe I'll try it again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment