Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thing 22: Developing Your Own 23 Things

I think our library could use podcasts and a public Wiki to help us communicate with the public. You Tube is another possibility, though we would have to be sure we have waivers if we use pictures of the public. Wiki and You Tube are probably the best for informing the public of policies as well as how to use our resources. Ning could be used, but I'm not convinced it's all that great. Again, we'd have to have waivers for any pictures of the public. Google Docs is useful within the library. I noticed several libraries use Facebook. I have my doubts about that one. For me, Facebook is hard to control, so if I signed up as a friend on a library's Fb, I'd probably lose many of the notices about events in all of the other stuff sent to me from other friends. I am probably a minority since I don't spend a lot of time on the computer, so my FB observation may not be valid. The library will have to have someone oversee these projects, and allow application/browser updates, or none of them will work.
All in all, I have enjoyed doing the 23 Things. I obviously had problems with some of them, but I persisted. I feel a strange sense of accomplishment. There are Things that I will continue to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment