Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thing 19: Google Docs

Most of the programs (Document, Spreadsheet, Presentation) seemed pretty much the same as MS Office except for the sharing bit. I do like that. It saves a little time. And I know that if I designate someone as being able to edit, then they can manipulate ithe information. It's a pain to receive an email attachment and find out I cannot do anything but read it. Then the emails start back and forth, and I get more and more frustrated. Google Docs will be a help in doing committee work that needs input from all of the members. We can all share. In the Presentation, I never did figure out how to adjust the speed of the slide show, or of the fade-in of one of the pictures. Neither did I find out how to have it open as a slideshow. As for the Form part, I found that one a little difficult. It would not display properly for me, though someone I sent it to said it came up with the selected background theme. I think maybe it was because I haven't done anything similar to that before. But I did like the spreadsheet response for the questions in the form. I need to play with that a bit, but overall it worked well.

I looked at the GoogleDocs blogspot. I think Google Checkout is particularly good. I wish we'd had that back in the days I worked retail for small Mom & Pop stores. Some of the other stuff was good, but I don't have a reason to use them. Still, one never knows, do one?

No comments:

Post a Comment