Friday, August 14, 2009

Thing 23: Reflection

I'm not sure what my favorite Thing is, but my least favorite is Twitter. It is totally unnecessary. A lot of this was challenging for me. I don't know much about computers. I've learned what I thought I needed to know to do my job. 23 Things has been frustrating at times because of the restrictions on my work computer. Sometimes I didn't know how to find stuff (some of the sections in LibraryThing spring to mind). Because of this course, I tried a lot of things I never would have tried on my own. It's good for me to do this. But some I will never bother with again as I see no use to them. I believe people get excited about new technology and that after a while their interest fades because it isn't any better than what they were using before. Some of the Things seemed messy to me. There was no organization to them and they were hard to search. Some were more for fun than for business purposes. I wrote about some of it in the previous post. If you come up with another 23 Things, I'm not sure I will sign up for it. But even with my meltdown and all of the problems I had, I am glad I did this set.

No comments:

Post a Comment