Friday, May 22, 2009

Thing 2: Learning 2.0

I read an article and watched a video. I also was at our library's Staff Development Day where I heard Stephen Abram speak. It all looks very exciting and seems to make sense at the time. However, I'm not convinced all of it is necessary. I haven't done Twitter yet, but it sounds fairly useless for the library. I admit to being old-fashioned and that plays into my opinion. I'm the only one I know that won't obsessively answer my phone. But blogging looks like an effective way for the library to show people what we are about. It also offers a way for people to tell us what they want. The library would have to decide where we need to be linked in order to draw people to the blog, but I'm sure it can be done. We'll see what the near future brings our way. As for Flickr, I'm not convinced it is a useful tool for us. The library Flickrs I've seen wouldn't inspire me to visit. The information is limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment