Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thing 12: Twitter

I can find no redeeming factors in Twitter. I did not find it easy to use. I had my account for literally three minutes when I received an email that someone named dee boog was following me. Ah, there's nothing quite like a bored child at home on the Internet all summer long. So I changed my settings to give me some privacy. Before I had completed that, a young woman (assuming the name and picture were accurate) from Houston was following me. Why? I have no idea. I don't know her and she doesn't know me, in real life or cyber life. I tried sending a Tweet to a couple of colleagues, but it didn't work. According to Twitter, they did not exist. I found that odd since I had their information. I emailed one of them, who had my info, and she experienced the same thing. That really ruffled some feathers. So I concluded that Twitter was for the birds since it was taking much more of my time than it was worth. I will stick with email. I swear by all Things 23 that I will never Tweet again - not that I managed to Tweet even once. I'm throwing the bird seed out with the birdbath water and I am cancelling my account.
I forgot to do a step on this blog. I don't remember where I first heard about Twitter. I think it was used some in the last Presidential campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment