Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Thing 7: RSS Feeds

OK, I feel like I'm doing the Cat in the Hat Thing 1 and Thing 2. I see very little difference between Thing 6 and Thing 7. I did enjoy looking at the recommended sites. I even added some. Now I'm starting to wonder how I will keep up with the relatively few subscriptions I have. I do not own a computer. I always thought that, with my addictive personality, it was a wise decision. Now I see that I can bring my addictions to work with me. I have unsubscribed to some feeds because I felt they were not necessary. But I have what some call a "junkie" personality - I collect junk of all types. Reader is dangerous because I can now collect electronic "junk". You can tell by what I've bookmarked in Thing 6 & 7 that I do not have total control. Still, these two things are wondrous tools. It may be a good way to keep in touch with Library patrons. Maybe this would work as well, if not better, for someone like the Central Media Manager who sends emails about upcoming events and new items in the collection. I'm sure there are other possible uses, but I haven't figured them out yet. Hey, I'm still working on my Blog. I intend to finish the 23 Things, but it won't stop there. It will take time for me to become familiar with all of this, and to consider how to use it to the Library's advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment